School Sports Premium
The Government has contributed additional funding to schools to promote Sport and Physical Activity. Concord has been in receipt of Sports Premium Funding since September 2013.
All Primary schools receive a fixed sum of £16,000 plus £10 for every child. Schools are free to spend the Sports Premium as they see fit, as they are best placed to identify need.
The Sport Premium must be spent on physical education and school sport.
We have used this funding in a variety of ways:
- equipment for breaks and lunchtime
- sports clubs at lunchtime and after school
- sports based curriculum and enhancement days taught by specialists
- supporting staff continued professional development
- inter-school sports competitions
Access to this funding has allowed the children to enjoy a wider range of sporting and physical activities and has benefitted their general health and well-being.